Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Day 26 - Eldoret..Naiberi Campground

    May 8, 2017 in Kenya ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Monday was an easy day. It is Tom and Sherry's day to catch up on things. Tom was working on a talk of the Swahili meeting on Thursday night and Troi was taking it easy. Sherry and I headed out to do a little shopping :). Just like when we were 16 and 19!

    Later in the afternoon we went to the Naiberi Campground to have dinner. Quite an interesting place. www.naiberi.com. It is built to accommodate the 'overlanders'. Large trucks filled with people who are on a trek to see Africa. They park their trucks and have the use of shelters and showers and a pool and a place to cook outside. There is a nice Indian restaurant where we had a delicious meal. 4 people, appetizers, meal, a couple of games of pool and all the beer and cider we could wish to have with our meal was just under CAD$100. Simply lovely.

    As we headed home after dark it started to pour. Very difficult to see the pedestrians (drunk) on the side of the highway that has no shoulder, nor the motorcycles in front of us with no tail lights. There are also (like Mexico) unmarked speed bumps on the highway that you can come upon quite unexpectedly. Made it home safely.
    Read more