Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    OK, here’s the Lowdown

    May 13, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Alright now we are set up here in Cocoa near Cocoa Beach close to Cape Canaveral, time to lay down the lowdown on the RV and some of the problems we faced.

    The things in pretty good shape overall however, internal wise it has not been maintained as it should have and we find a list of things wrong that I need to deal with as we’ve been travelling that I just wasn’t happy with, they weren’t major, but having a little bit of OCD little things like rattles and squeaks and noises that I can’t stand in a motor vehicle slowly got fixed one by one. I think Greg is gonna be getting back almost a brand-new RV compared to the one he rented us.
    1. The biggest problem is the hot water service as we couldn’t get any hot water, and over a few days I analysed a few things and tested a few things and had to replace the element in the hot water service, had to replace both thermostats for 12 V and 120 V lines and now we have some fantastic hot water.
    2. Drivers side awning not retracting correctly due to a misaligned controller, after spending some time in fixing that now works a treat.
    3. Main entry door and the fly screen door both rattling like mad while you’re driving along, that sent me around the bend and that had to get fixed with some new packing alignment putting some pressure on locks and now it doesn’t make a sound, lovely.
    4. Wardrobe door in the master bedroom jammed shut, seemed it got damaged by a previous renter and never got repaired so it just got jammed shut. After spending six dollars on a new plastic catch and releasing the door we can now use the wardrobe and hang up our clothes
    5. Main bed slide not working, but once I understood I could release the locking latches we could manually push it out and retract it manually from the outside which gave us a tonne more room in the bedroom.
    6. Main entry motorised step rattling like crazy when driving along, and some of these highways have got a lot of bumps. After some self-adhesive Velcro packing we rectified that as well.
    7. The large convection microwave squeaking and rattling as we are driving along, after closer investigation it was just hanging off its screws about to fall out of the RV, found the mounting bolts under a false floor in the top cupboard and now that’s fixed.

    I can’t think what other ones there were at the moment but I’m sure they’ll come to me and I can add them to the list as we proceed
    Read more