Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Bec’s Future

    June 12, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Throughout the trip Bec was in Limbo about what her future was to hold. Having been an elite athlete, then asst diving coach at Penn State University for the last 2 1/2 years she decided her future was in coaching and developing new athletes and young adults.
    At that point she was in discussions with various Universities in America for head coach positions at some pretty high level campuses. Suddenly along came another possible offer.
    For years Australian coaches have been wanting her to come home but no real positions were on offer. Bec was not interested in part time coaching and working another job to support herself, hence the big focus on the American NCAA Division 1 universities.
    Mysteriously out of the blue came a request from one of our past gold medal divers Matt Helm, for Bec to apply for an upcoming opportunity back in Australia. She had to submit an application video and then follow up interviews via Zoom.
    Feedback from Matt was that her video was one of the best received, and he responded after her final zoom interview with “Amazing!!!!”.
    Whilst on our flight from JFK to Singapore we got the news that the Melbourne position had been granted to her.
    This is a position with AIS & VIS for a fast track traineeship under Australia’s top coaches to become an Olympic Coach. An incredible opportunity that now finally brings her home. She has now flight bookings to return, pick up her new car, and drive to Melbourne for commencement July 1.
    Such an amazing achievement for someone so young, but so mature.
    Could not be more proud of our girl’s achievements and couldn’t have been a greater ending to our reunion trip.
    Read more