Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 12

    Pico do Arieiro, Madeira, Portugal

    4 September 2023, Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 54 °F

    The car ride at 4:30 AM to the peak of Pico do Arieiro on Madeira Island to watch the sunrise is an exhilarating journey—the winding road snakes through the forests and cliffs, offering glimpses of the night sky. Hairpin turns, occasional heavy mists, gusty winds, and breathtaking drops add to the adventure, building anticipation for the dawn spectacle at the summit at 1,818 meters or 5,965 feet. The drive back to Pico do Arieiro for sunset was less dramatic, but the golden hour view of the mountain ranges and the valley below the winding road was spectacular.

    Watching the sunrise at Pico do Arieiro was a breathtaking experience. As the first light of day breaks over the horizon, it bathes the rugged peaks and valleys of the island of Madeira in a soft, golden glow. The air is crisp and cold, but you can feel the anticipation and excitement as fellow travelers gather to witness the sunrise. As the sun rises higher, it illuminates the landscape with a warm, inviting light, revealing the intricate details of the terrain coming to life in the early morning sun. However, the excitement was short-lived as the mists and clouds moved in suddenly to obscure the sun, so we decided to return for a sunset view.

    The sunset view was even more stunning. The view from Pico do Arieiro is nothing short of spectacular. Crowds of people mingle at the peak to watch the changing colors of the sky, from deep blues to vibrant oranges and yellow, creating a mesmerizing canvas that evolves with every passing minute.

    The silence is interrupted by the occasional gasps of awe from onlookers and the soft clicks of cameras capturing the moment. It's an experience that connects the beauty of nature and leaves a lasting memory of a magical moment in Portugal.
    Baca selengkapnya