Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Westfield, Chermside

    September 29, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    Due to a heat wave hitting the sunshine and gold coast Sarah, Trev and I needed a few more T-shirts and lightweight clothes so headed by bus to Westfield, Chermside. The added bonus to this is buses and shopping centres are air conditioned; buses also have free charging points by each seat - what a good idea. For those people who don't like shopping even if it is for them there are plenty of armchairs or comfy seats throughout the centre so Trev could sit and wait if needed. The new front area with restaurants, pools and children's play area is stunning and a great place to relax, have a cold drink once shopping is done and wait for the bus - Sarah and I both have hats now, rather than borrowing Clare's.
    We had lunch at Cafe 63 by the Einbunpin Lagoon before heading back to Rainbow Street. Once home, sitting by the pool dangling feet in the cold water was so inviting and cooling. However, have not yet got up the nerve to put my swimsuit on and get fully submerged!
    Take-away Fish and chip dinner was had with Clare & Ken's friends Kelly and family on the foreshore by Shorncliffe pier. Finn, Harry and his brother sat on their own and then explored, climbed trees etc. We had some interesting conversations about Koalas, families etc, but very little about setting the world to rights!! To complete a fun evening we had a quiet walk up the pier - incidentally this was the pier used for the Homebase advert last summer!
    Read more