Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 83

    Litchfield NP 1/2

    May 16, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    A night at Banyan Tree CP, 2 x at Florence Falls - plenty of swimming for us but still a lot of sites closed due to high water levels as the season has only just started.

    1/2 footprints
    Banyan Tree had the best free-roaming animals, including horses, goats and chickens that the girls could play with. Spacious shady site, good tap beer during happy hour and an amazing banyan tree we took photos at.

    On our way there we stopped at Butterly (and other ‘pets’) Farm near Batchelor. Chris showed us around and we all fed and cuddled baby adorable rabbits, saw Zeus the Croc, pigs, goats, cows, black headed python and butterflies. A lot of love put into this place - worth stopping!

    2/2 footprints
    Finally we had a dip in the Florence fall pools late afternoon and BBQ for dinner, sitting at the fire and loving life in the middle of a bushy park.

    Andy made pancakes on the fire pit the next morning, while I went for a run to Buley water hole, before heading for a few more swims and lookouts. Damper hot dogs for dinner, relaxing at the fire place and a farewell to Litchfield and all the picturesque water holes.
    Read more