Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 171

    Geraldton to Jurien Bay

    12 Agustus 2022, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Arrived to Geraldton and set up quickly enough before the sun set and the rain hit the roof. It was nice to be in the city again and finally get a reliable jockey wheel. Funny how things like this made us feel so happy!

    We were fortunate to have mainly sunny three days, which allowed us to enjoy walks in the city, eating in the park (how good was the cream and custard filled bee sting!), long run along the surf beaches and playing on the jumping pillow. I had a great Balinese massage, Andy went night-fishing with Millie (via the KFC drive through 😋) and we also caught up with Mon and Paul in our van park (Toby their dog had to have emergency surgery after breaking off his lead in Monkey Mia 🫣). On the way out, as the rainy day activity, we dropped into to the museum and absolutely loved it - we learned about the history of shipwrecks, pre-colonisation era and early settlers; and saw a good amount of spider displays to be totally freaked out.

    We arrived to Sandy Cape recreational park just as the rain eased and we set up amongst the sand dunes. We were absolutely blown away by the skies - the stormy clouds, evening sun and a massive rainbow appeared over our caravan and extended across the entire horizon. In complete awe we watched the rainbow slowly fade as we drove to Juried Bay. I’ll never forget this sight. (PICS NXT FOOTPRINT).

    At the beach camp Millie found herself a pet, a little tail-less gecko (Greg) which made it a highlight for the stop. The girls looked after Greg very lovingly and we’re sad when he found his way back in the bush.
    Baca selengkapnya