Goodbye, Canada!September 27, 2017 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 18 °C
It's always stunning, how time flies when you're on vacation.
However, the trip ended with an adventure 😄
1) as there is no public transportation to Québec Airport (and we protested to take a taxi 😋) we found a bus stopping in the suburban of Québec City, not that far away from the airport..
2) we WALKED to the airport.. yep.. first time ever I walked to an international airport as there simply was no other way to get there (besides the taxi, but.. 😁).. so it took us approx. 45 minutes walking on the road (no pedestrian walk either.. of course)
3) constructions everywhere.. it took us 3 attempts to find the right way to get to the entrance
4) beautiful weather.. UNTIL our plane arrived.. all of a sudden the sky turned black and the airport ceased its operations due to heavy thunderstorms..
5) we had a connecting flight -> Quebec-Toronto-Amsterdam.. connecting time was 1h24m
6) we could take off with a delay of 1 hour, arriving also 1 hour delayed
7) when we landed I got a SMS from Air Canada stating we had already been rebooked to the next day.. however, we just wanted to go home so we decided to RUN 😄
8) we managed to change planes within 12 minutes, the gate was already closing.. HOWEVER, Air Canada managed to get us back to the plane we were originally booked on.. we made it! 😁
9) due to the limited connecting time, our bags did not arrive in AMS (but we were warned before, so no issue)..
As I said.. it was probably the most exciting part of the whole trip 😂 our bags arrived 2 days later..
END 🇨🇦Read more