Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Change of Lifestyle

    November 26, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Our last night in our Campervan was under a clear night with plenty of stars and a very bright (almost full) moon. After breakfast we started to clean it roughly and finalized our packing. We drove close to Cape Town Airport where the depot of Maui is located. We returned it after 1420km with only a little bumper damage and Keenan from Maui brought us to our final location, The Bay Hotel at Camps Bay. What a change from our simple campervan life into the posh world of a 5-star hotel😮 we were not really ready for it but the amazing setting just below Tablemountains, the Ocean view and hot and sunny weather convinced us sooner than later. As it was Sunday, Camps Bay was the very very busy as it is known as one of the best beach around Cape Town. A lot of locals come here to enjoy some beachtime. The Ocean was once more very agitated and only a small stretch was open for some dips into the strong waves. Otherwise everyone was around or in the Tidal Pool. The water in there was slightly warmer, but still fresh. The Ocean is around 10 degrees by the way. Ice cold…
    We waited for the amazing sunset before we went out for a delicious seafood dinner 😋
    Read more