Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    The Etta

    May 3, 2015 in India ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    ETTA @ Chikmagalur. This place has all the potential to impress the visitors provided the visit happens at the right time with right amount of Stamina. Highest peak, Wilderness, beautiful waterfalls and what not ? this place has got a right mix of tourists spots and travellers spots. So did this ETTA @ Chikmagalur happen with the perfect ingredients ? NO. We didn't get the 'Right Time' right. The time I visited this place, all I could remember is the Heat. At the foot hills or on a peak, couldn't feel the chillness that I felt when seeing the chikmagalur pictures in google search. That is what I meant a visit at right Time and April May is not the right time. And why do we need Right amount of Stamina ? Most of the beautiful places are not straight below your Car Door Sill. Either a rough terrain drive in a High GC vehicle and / or a long trek up and down the mountains is required to witness the hidden beauty of this place. If both the right time and right stamina comes together, with a proper planning, a visit to this place will ensure a long lasting memories. Just a zeal to explore the places wasn't enough. An Important and basic lesson learnt: before looking for a Stay, get to know about the weather pattern of the place.

    But all above doesn't mean, this ETTA was dry and full of displeasure. The Rain God had some mercy on us. I intentionally had to start this with a negative note; to bring the expectation level of the readers in to my hand, believing the previous ETTA Story has set a higher benchmark for this story. Similar to the previous ETTA, this ETTA too is comprised of same chapters except the uncertainty replaced by resumption and a detuned adventures chapter. Let me list them down. Resumption, Excitement, FUN, Misspend, Adventure and Yearning.
    Read more