Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Day 54: Meet “Ledi Gaga”

    February 14 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    This post is long overdue. I am pretty sure it was our first time eating at “The Restaurant” our waitress comes to our table and introduces herself.

    The introduction went something like this

    “Hello my name is Ledi and my national name is “Ledi Gaga” — “Okay”, I said to myself, “that is an unusual name.” Light bulb turns on -“Oh! It’s a joke.” But wait, there’s more, she continues her introduction …

    “I am from North Philly … (a well timed pause) … North Philippines.”

    This is one funny young lady, who you will never forget.

    Every time we see her she is sure to acknowledge us and if she is not running 100 mph she will stop and have a quick chat.

    I am sure she is the person on the crew that keeps the party going below decks. “Ledi Gaga” (I get it now.) Has plans on buying/building a house in “North Philly” and in her free time she is a free diver. That’s just plain crazy to me.

    In an earlier post, I mentioned we all have back stories - the more I learn the more amazed and humbled I am to be on this cruise.

    If you have any “Ledi Gaga” stories - or stories about any of the crew members I have featured, or just want to give a shout-out to them — please feel free to do so by replying on either the FB posts, or the FindPenguins post. Your stories will add to the kudos and support we can give to those who continue to give to us.

    #myVikingJourney. #myVikingStory #vikingNeptune
    Read more