Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    LAX - in transit to Montreal

    November 16, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Our flight over was uneventful. When we were waiting to check in we chatted to this guy who was a wrestler - he didn’t particularly look like a wrestler (my experience of wrestling was watching Mario Milano on a Sunday). He was off to Mongolia to compete in some big event they hold each year. He said he was being paid to participate, and felt he was there to make the locals look good! I didn’t sleep at all on the flight, although the boys got a couple of hours. I watched several movies and did a bit of reading. After clearing Customs and Border Protection in the US, we walked around LAX to Terminal 6 for our Air Canada flight - it was nice to stretch our legs in the outside air (it’s LA so I can’t say “fresh” air).

    Now we have two hours to wait!

    I am enjoying the people watching - and checking out the See’s Candy - and the travellers sitting at the bars (which are everywhere) drinking so early in the day.

    Just checked the weather in Montreal - snow is predicted to fall overnight and Friday will be sunny with a top of 0 Celsius - our long johns will be getting a workout over the next few days.
    Read more