Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Start spreading the news.......

    November 24, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    We left gorgeous Washington this morning, and had a short flight to the Big Apple. I sat next to an interesting women. She is an interior designer, who only has a few clients and who has lived in Italy for the past 17 years and really hates everything Trump stands for, and she can’t believe he was elected and that he is still in office. She was extremely passionate and wishes she could move all her family to Italy - unfortunately, their work keeps them in DC. Our taxi ride into Midtown was uneventful, and didn’t take too long. We then settled into our apartment, which will be home for the next 8 days. We did a quick shop at our local Wholefoods grocery store, and had a quick look at the Christmas Market at Bryant Park. We even did a load of washing!

    We had reservations at Bubby’s restaurant in Chelsea for dinner, and decided the walk there and back would be good for us. It took us about an hour to get there, mainly due to all the crowds around Midtown - once we fought through the throng it was an easier walk. We had a lovely dinner. I had baked beef ribs with mash and broccoli, and the boys had southern fried chicken with carrots and mash or fries. There was a really nice ambiance at Bubby’s, and the service was excellent. We even shared a piece of their famous pie (sour cherry) which was yum. We then walked back to the hotel via Times Square. We were all a bit tuckered out from the travelling today. Tomorrow, we will possibly head over to Brooklyn.
    Read more