Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Exploring Ronda

    September 26, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Once we had unpacked and put on some washing, we set off to explore the town of Ronda. We walked across the Puente Nuevo (bridge), which was very crowded with tour groups. We were able to locate our apartment from the other side of the gorge quite easily. We decided to follow a walking path that went behind the Parador Hotel, and took us around past the Plaza de Toro (Bull Ring) and the Alameda Del Tajo, a lovely shaded square. We also passed the Plaza de la Merced, and then wound our way through the narrow streets, coming across the Plaza Del Socorro which was full of cafes and restaurants. As it was warm, we went in search of ice cream, which we finally located at Plaza de España - I had lemon, strawberry and mandarin sorbet, which was delicious. Ian chose an ice cream of nuts and caramel we think!

    We were trying to find a supermarket so we could get some milk - when Ian asked the guy in the ice cream shop, he offered to sell us a bottle which was very kind. He also explained that there was a supermarket express down a street we had walked - we hadn’t noticed, as our focus had been on locating ice cream! We also have a lovely etching gallery in our street which had some beautiful pieces, we will return tomorrow to purchase one.

    We headed back to our apartment to relax and watch the sun set over the bridge and gorge, before heading out for dinner at our local tapas bar. I am loving this town, it is really something special.
    Read more