Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Full day in Ronda - part 1

    September 27, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    We headed out about 9.30 this morning. First we went to the Tourist Information Centre to find out where the path to the bottom of the gorge was, but they don’t open till 10am, so we just decided to cross the Bridge and find our own way there. Turns out it wasn’t too difficult, and it was well sign posted. We found the entrance to the walkway off Plaza Maria Auxiliadora, and followed it down on the western side of the gorge. We also went off the main path onto a side branch that was less well maintained, and this path that took us down until we were nearly under the bridge. It also afforded great views of the waterfall.

    We headed back up to the main walkway, and continued to descend into the gorge until we were in the best spot to get a great shot of the waterfall and bridge. Most of this walk was done in the shade, and while the temperatures were low 20’s. We then started the climb back up. On the way we saw some school kids being taken up in a tethered hot air balloon in the valley below, the balloon was getting up to about 50 to 60 metres, and then descending again to take up another group of students, who all seemed to be enjoying the ride immensely.

    After our epic walk into the gorge and back again we had a coffee and a bit of a rest. We then decided to just wander the streets and see what we encountered.
    Read more