Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    The remainder of Saturday

    September 17, 2022 in France ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Following our delicious long lunch it was unanimous that we needed to get in some walking to settle our stomachs. And, it was such a glorious day. Gerry and Cilla headed off towards the Eiffel Tower and we decided to walk back to the hotel - we probably meandered as opposed to walking, with pace and intent!

    We proceeded to walk along the Seine up to Pont Alexander III, where we crossed and passed between the Grand Palais and the Petit Palais. We then crossed the Champs Élysées, but were forced to take a detour as several roads were blocked by armed police. There was some official event on but we don’t know what - with the number of police, we think it may have been for world leaders coming across for Queen Elizabeth’s funeral.

    On returning to the hotel the manager advised us that it will be difficult to get a taxi or an Uber on Sunday as cars are banned from the city between 10am and 6pm. As a result we will now be catching the metro over to gare de l’Est to catch our train to Eperney.

    After a bit of a rest we went out for dinner to a local brassiere - Pepinière that was very nice.
    Read more