Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Last night in Lyon

    September 24, 2022 in France ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Following the food tour, we decided to make our way back to the apartment to have a quiet evening and get ourselves organised for tomorrow’s day of travel. The city had closed off many streets to cars, many shops had set up stalls in the street, and it appeared that all of Lyon was out and about this sunny afternoon. There were lots of sales, but Bronwyn and I resisted. (Ed - Good job.)

    We stopped for a coffee at our local cafe, and then bought some ham and cheese baguettes and a potato salad to accompany our champagne and sweet treats for dinner. We didn’t want to be carrying extra stuff, so we had to drink all the champagne and eat the macrons and praline brioche. (Ed - Can’t help bad luck.)

    The weather turned quite stormy, with thunder, lightning, rain and hail in the evening, so it was good to be spending it inside. We spent the evening catching up on writing the blog, packing and taking it a bit slow, as it will be go go go once we commence the tour.

    Ian was having fun practicing pouring the champagne as the French waiters do - the photos speak for themselves! (Ed - He was a natural, so watch out Brian - put your best Monty Python voice on to pronounce this.)

    I have also included some more photos from the day.
    Read more