Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    A Big Lunch in Moissac

    October 2, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We had about a 30 minute drive to Moissac, which allowed us to refresh for the afternoon’s activities. The city was very busy - being a Sunday the locals were out and about in force, as well as the tourists. Our tour notes said we were having a “salad” lunch. We thought, “that’s good, we probably need a light healthy lunch”, but the reality was a bit different.

    There was some salad on the large and unusual cork plates that arrived, but atop the salad there were generous helpings of king prawns, scallops, fried duck gizzards and a large slab of foie gras! It was a very impressive and delicious lunch. I didn’t eat any of my prawns because I enjoyed the duck gizzards, scallops and foie gras so much. Others in the group ate the prawns and salad but didn’t touch the gizzards or foie gras. We also had a glass of rosé with lunch or, in our case, a little more as Jerome gave Ian and I his glass. He cannot drink any alcohol during the day as to start the bus he has to blow into a breathalyser which is attached to the ignition.

    After lunch we had some free time to explore the city of Moissac and work off some of that delicious lunch before we had a guided tour of the Abbey and Cloister of Moissac with the fabulous George.
    Read more