Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    A stroll, a drink and a yarn by the Tarn

    October 2, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    After checking into our hotel, Le Pont Napoleon, we decided to take a walk along the river and check out the burb. The receptionist at the hotel told us about a lovely Art Deco bar that made cocktails a little bit down the river, and that sealed the deal.

    There was a lovely bridge near the hotel (Pont Napoleon), and the area was full of interesting things. There were several people fishing from the river bank. We also came across a game of pétanque underway, and it looked like serious business - we saw the tape measure come out a couple of times.

    We finally found Villa Blanche, where we stopped for a pre-dinner cocktail. Life is good, and it’s important to take time to smell the roses or sip on a cocktail (Ed - or beer, or other beverage of your choice). We headed back to the hotel for a lovely dinner of tomato carpaccio, a choice of fish or duck for main, and Tiramisu for dessert. We also got some delicious onion pastry rolls to start. It was a very nice dinner.

    It was a very long and full day, so everyone hit the hay relatively early, even me!
    Read more