Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    The Last Supper!

    October 5, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We met in the hotel bar for a pre-dinner drink before we headed across the road for our farewell dinner at restaurant L’Equinoxe. I started with an espresso martini, Ian with a mojito, and then the bar maid gave us all a shot which comprised vodka, rhubarb liqueur and lime juice. It was bloody delicious and very easy to drink. Opa!

    We then headed to the restaurant where we had a delicious meal of local jamon, pan-fried sea bass with grilled onions and peppers, and the chef also sent out a bowl of mussels done in garlic, parsley and a touch of cream. The mussels were amazing and, although the bowl was for the whole table, I ate about 70% of them. The servings were so generous and, as most of us couldn’t finish our plates, the waitress would give us a stern look of disappointment (in fun) with our effort. Ian copped it for not finishing his jamon, but made up for it by finishing his main and dessert which was a crème brûlée. We enjoyed a lovely local red with the meal and toasted both Mary and Bronwyn.

    After dinner, we headed back to the hotel for a nightcap. I got Liza behind the bar to make another round of the shots she had made us earlier. Then it was time to hit the hay as we all had big travel days the next day (except for Bronwyn who wasn’t leaving until the following day).

    Although our group was small, and got even smaller during the tour, we had a really good time with lots of laughs along the way. Mary was wonderful, so laid back and fun and with lots of interesting stories, she really set the mood for the trip, and Jerome was an absolute gem who added so much to the entire trip. He was friendly, kind and caring and so generous with his time and knowledge. The two of them were a great team.
    Read more