Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Afternoon wander and dinner at Akashi

    October 7, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    After Luc dropped us back at the apartment, we stored our wine purchases, freshened up and headed back out to have a bite to eat. We found a good burger place not too far from our apartment in a nice little square. As it was such a lovely day the locals and tourists were out in force. After lunch, we meandered down some streets heading back towards our place for a bit of down time.

    We had a dinner reservation for 7.30 pm at Akashi, a lovely restaurant with French and Japanese influences. We splurged and ordered a bottle of Pomerol red to go with our Menu découverte, which was three courses plus an amuse-bouche.

    The amuse-bouche was made up of three bites - a corn/popcorn emulsion, a crumbed prawn and a piece of aged beef. First course was a Cocktail de fruits de mer (seafood) with avocado and a soft boiled egg. Main was Retour du pêche en beignet (fish fried in a ‘doughnut’ batter) served with black rice, shitaké and a Provençal sauce, and dessert was a Tartelette aux mirabelles (plums). It was a lovely meal, very nice clean flavours, and the wine was sensational.
    Read more