Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Visiting family in Tervuren

    October 16, 2022 in Belgium ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Following a lovely morning of wonderful architecture and then art we are preparing to head out to spend the rest of the day with my cousin Gui, his wife Geertje , their son Rob, Brigitte and then of course Pablo and Carlos the two family dogs. We caught the metro to Stockel where Gui picked us up. We went back to their place and then got ready to have a lovely walk with the dog through the woods that are adjacent to their place.

    It was a lovely warm afternoon and it was so nice to take a long walk through beautiful woods on a lovely autumn afternoon. Pablo the golden retriever had a ball and we found lots of interesting mushrooms.

    When we arrived back at the house Brigitte was already there and Rob arrived soon after. Geertje prepared a fabulous dinner. We had stuffed mushrooms to start (they were so good and I was too busy stuffing my face that I forgot to take a photo). This was followed by Veal Milanese with spaghetti and then a delicious apple pie made by Gui with apples from his tree. We drank some lovely wine from Bordeaux and had a lovely night. I sometimes wish we didn’t live so far away from my cousins and their families. Although they are a good excuse to visit Europe.
    Read more