Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Lunch in Lille

    October 21, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today is a good day, first the weather is once again fine and sunny, second we are off to Lille in France and third my parcel of winter clothes was finally delivered and there was much rejoicing!

    It was such a relief for my winter clothes to arrive because as much as this girl likes to shop I really wanted my puffer jacket and boots as they are both so comfortable to wear.

    We headed off for Lille a bit before 11 and arrived just after 1pm. We found a park not too far from our Airbnb, but we cannot get in till 4pm, so we went in search of lunch.

    We came across a restaurant called Chez Brigitte and I immediately said we must go there for lunch. The place was pretty full but they had a table for us. We had the plat de jour, but only two courses (entree and main) and a lovely bottle of Pinot. Entree was a delicious soup and main was confit pork with mash potatoes and roasted pumpkin- the entire meal was really good and at 21 euro very reasonably priced.

    The space itself was lovely - lots of brick with copper and great art on the walls and the staff were so friendly and accommodating.
    Read more