Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Porto post the Tour

    October 18, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    By the time we headed down to breakfast most of the tour group had already departed or was heading to the airport to fly home. We met Mark in the breakfast room and arranged to have lunch with him, as he wasn’t heading home until later in the day and we couldn’t check in to our Airbnb until after 3pm.

    As we didn’t have to check out until noon, we headed out to grab a few things and then just finish packing and relaxed. We left our bags at the hotel and met Mark at reception at noon. We once again tried to find Tapabento to have lunch, but were unsuccessful. So, we headed down to the Ribeira area to find a suitable place. We were able to get a table at The RC Restaurante. This is an historical restaurant that has preserved its decoration and architecture from the time of its foundation in 1894. It is also classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It offers traditional Portuguese cuisine.

    We had a great lunch. Ian had Hake, Mark had Salmon and I had Dover Sole. We even indulged in a dessert. We then walked back to the hotel, said farewell to Mark and grabbed our luggage for the short walk to our Airbnb.
    Read more