Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Quinta dos Lobos

    October 22, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    We were up early this morning for our bus trip to Sinatra. Felipe, our UBER driver, was on time and got us to the large and modern Campanhã bus station with plenty of time to spare to catch our 8:25 am bus, which ended up being a bit late. The journey was about 3.5 hours, and it rained for much of the journey. At just under 15 euros each for the 280 km journey (seat plus luggage), this was amazing value.

    We arrived in Sinatra a bit after 1 pm and grabbed a cab to take us to our hotel - it cost about the same as the bus trip! It was lovely to be back in Sinatra with its narrow winding streets, colourful buildings and palaces.

    The Quinta dos Lobos (Farm of the Wolves) hotel we stayed at was recommended by Nadia, who we met on our 2019 trip to Portugal when she took us on a day trip to Sintra. The hotel was owned and designed by an artist friend of her’s, Dayane, has only been open for a year and has only eight rooms. We had to wait about 30 minutes to get into our room. The nice guy on reception made us a coffee to have while we waited. The hotel is located in large grounds, which are lovely, with peacocks roaming freely.

    Our room was in a separate building from the main hotel building, and was only completed about a month ago. It was large, stylish and comfortable, and the hotel is gorgeous.
    Read more