Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    And jump right in!... Our departure

    June 30, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    OK, 3,2,1, ready for take off, it is go time. Bags packed, shoes tied, underwear clean and eyes forward, let’s do this 7 am departure!

    What brought us here?
    Hopefully some loving family member who does not mind driving people to the airport at 4 am!

    What happened here?
    Voila, Jody Ryan. While not winding back roads on 2-wheels with her gang of biker dudes, Jody enjoys long drives to the city, often with airports at the end. While not working the kill-floor in her rubber-wear Jody also enjoys loading and unloading luggage, giving hugs and sending vacationers off. When she grows up she hopes to never grow old. And her goal in life is to build an ark and march in her animals 2 by 2. All in a day's work for this awesome sister, amazing sister-in-law and wicked aunt. And joining the departure team at the last minute we have Grandma. Never one to shy away from crazy adventures at all hours of the night (or morning), this intrepid explorer steps up to co-pilot Jody’s early morning delivery. Thank you to both of them for getting us to our starting point and sending us off with hugs and smiles. I wonder if they will pick us up too?

    Throughout our story we hope to share some interesting ‘Did You Knows’ (DYK) about some of the places we go and things we see. Whether factual or fun they are intended to be entertaining (especially if they are not factual!).

    DYK: Our departing flight will be one of up to 1100 flights coming or going from Pearson today. Toronto’s airport is named in honour of Toronto-born Lester B. Pearson, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and 14th Prime Minister of Canada.
    Read more