Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Touchdown #1, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

    June 30, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Just a stop-over, but Calgary, Alberta is our first touchdown of many more to come. After a short stay in the airport we will be back in the air and on our way to destination #1.

    What brought us here?
    Honestly, the airline, not leaving the airport, just stopping over. Maybe we can explore the vast plains (of the airport) and lasso up some grub while we are here.

    What happened here?
    Flight arrived on time. We only had just over an hour before our next flight, so we caught a ride on one of the airports electric trams, got some food and found our gate. Our little dual prop Bombardier Q400 was at the gate when we arrived. A short time later we learned that our departure was delayed 30 mins due to the flight crew running late. We sent a few texts home. Sent an email to Sarah and Stewart letting them know of the delay and waited a little longer. We boarded shortly before 11:00 am and were on the move on time.

    DYK: Calgary was first Canadian city to host the Winter Olympics (1988). Home to the largest outdoor event in the world, the Calgary Stampede attracts over 1 million attendees each year.
    Read more