Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Parks & Christmas Markets

    December 10, 2023 in Germany ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    We've had a successful first 24 hours in Berlin!

    We spent most of the day walking around Berlin and enjoying the slightly rainy but not too cold day. After a light breakfast in the lounge we walked through Tier Garten and to the Soviet war memorial. After such a busy morning we decided to treat ourselves to a snack: currywurst and Berlin lager. A perfect pick me up.

    Refueled from our snack we headed towards the Christmas market, stopping by the Brandenburg Gate and the somber Jewish memorial. Doing so we crossed from West Berlin into East Berlin, the wall marked with a line of stones along the road and pieces of the wall found throughout the city.

    The Christmas market was picture perfect. Full of cheery people even in the rain, cute stalls of holiday decorations and places to pop in for a drink. We grabbed a cocktail to wait out some heavier rain, I had to drag Igor away from the festive drinks and potato offerings.

    The rest of our time at the market included a hat purchase for Igor and some sheeps wool mittens for me! And of course more food: oysters, sardines, and champagne.

    We wrapped up our visit with a cup of Gluhwein and a cute take home mug 🤗
    Read more