Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Rest Day ....

    November 30, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Decided to change site, but stay in Hervey Bay. On our way to the first site we came across a market so ... change of plan, park up and walk around the market.

    It’s lovely to walk around in shorts and shirt. It was incongruous to find a young lad playing Christmas carols on a saxophone, wearing a Christmas hat,Christmas shirt and .... shorts. He played beautiful music as a learner, slowly and with plenty of wrong notes. He was great and made us smile.

    Many of the markets have small stages with live music being played. I guess the performers are not paid and they are of variable quality. One old couple sang 50s songs, probably not quite with the strength and range they once did. A duo sang a number of cover versions of more contemporary music really well.

    Went on to look for the camp site but came across another market ... deja vu.

    We left to find the campsite but when we came across it, it was jammed packed. The reason was due to the powerboat 🚤 racing taking place just off the beach. The campsite was almost on the beach so people had booked to camp there the weekend and could watch from their site.

    We went on to the next campsite, similar location next to the sea, but with a spare pitch. The pitch was front row, but had a bush in front of it so we couldn’t sit in the front and sea the sea, but we could see it either side of the bush. This wasn’t a problem as there was a stiff northerly wind coming straight off the sea and the bush gave us protection.

    Many of the markets have a small stage and live music.
    Read more