Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Arkana

    October 22, 2022 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We went to a spiritual retreat in the Peruvian Amazon for a week.

    It's a place to talk about things in your life that are causing you pain, anxiety, whatever it may be, and heal from them. A week felt so short and so long at the same time, our group was absolutely amazing and we leave here having made some great friends.

    We laughed, we cried, we relaxed, we were taken care of so well by the staff and the Shamans, the food was incredible, fresh, and healthy.

    The Shamans guided us through traditional Shipibo healing practices and ceremonies. They shared traditional plant medicines, sang us songs, and encouraged us to look deep inside, find what we need and make good, important changes in our lives.

    We learned about ourselves and by sharing our stories and listening to those of the group we are all grew and have been able to heal.

    It's been such a well of emotion, we both have a lot to unpack and a lot of thinking to do, and that is the point. Our spiritual journeys will continue. It was absolutely one of the most beautiful experiences of our lives and we are incredibly grateful to Arkana Spiritual Centre for having us, teaching us, and helping us heal.
    Read more