Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 90

    Mendoza

    December 4, 2022 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    What a wonderful, wonderful city. It's beautiful, full of mature trees, calm, the people are kind, it's how we imagined Argentina to look and feel.

    It's so cheap! They have a black (or blue) market to exchange American dollars that gives you 2 for 1 to the bank rate, so we had a great time enjoying that little perk. Great beer, cheap (even cheaper) wine, great food..what more do you want on a vacation!

    We were lucky enough to be here during the world cup and caught a couple of Argentina games. We celebrated in the streets after the games with the people. We never felt threatened, although I was worried about the colours I was wearing during their game against Poland! We were a little worried but instead of getting threatened or attacked someone gave me the literal jersey off their back for my Canada shirt! The beautiful game indeed...

    We thoroughly enjoyed our wine tour. We went to the Maipú region, one of three major wine producing regions regions around Mendoza, visited 2 vineyards/wineries, had an absolutely delicious asado for lunch, and tried 14 delicious wines at Trapiche and Zuccardi.

    It's been a great start to Argentina after some poor luck lately. We are definitely sad to be leaving here, but on to San Carlos de Bariloche and Patagonia next!
    Read more