Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    San Carlos de Bariloche

    December 9, 2022 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    "Perhaps one day, tired of circling the world, I'll return to Argentina and settle in the Andean lakes, if not indefinitely, then at least for a pause while I shift from one understanding of the world to another."

    - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

    It's a place as beautiful as it is symbolic. For us, as we grow, as we grow together, as we process the events of the world and of our intimate, personal, lives over the last few years, for all the talking we've doing about going on our 'big trip', this is to us symbolizes the adventure and scale of it all.

    Patagonia is a place of legend, pure natural beauty, and freedom. It's the beginning of our journey to the (other) end of world. It's a place for reflection, for challenging ourselves, for taking ourselves as far as we can literally and figuratively go. It's the culmination of years of planning, the realization of the deepest dream, and it promises to be one of our greatest adventures together.

    San Carlos de Bariloche is our first stop in patagonia proper. We arrived here after 3 months of backpacking, after some unbelievable and unforgettable highlights, and somehow it feels like just the beginning.

    It's a city on the shore of gorgeous lake Nahuel Huapi. The most iconic town in Argentine lake country and an absolute must when travelling, by whatever means, through the area.

    We didn't have great weather here, but we did a couple small hikes to get our legs back under us, and we actually quite enjoyed seeing the lakes and the valleys with the more moody feeling the weather gave us.

    This is also where we collected our rental car, which we will have for three and a half weeks, we will have freedom, we can really explore this beautiful, special place in the world, and we can go, just the two of us, to the end of the world. Together.
    Read more