Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 120

    Ushuaia

    January 3, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Ushuaia, El Fin del Mundo, the southern most city in the world!

    We came earlier than we had originally planned to be here to celebrate the new year, or as it's referred to here, the end of the year at the end of the world.

    We stayed with the most incredible local family. The apartment was lovely, they brought us lots of fruit, fresh baked bread, they left us champagne on New Years Eve, and they even gave us some fresh, delicious homemade empanadas!

    The weather luck continued here. There is some hiking and sightseeing to do in the area, but with so much rain and cloud, we didn't end up doing much of that!

    We did meet some really great people here. Fellow travelers and adventurers, some of whom are continuing on to Antarctica, some are not, but we had a blast at the local pubs with our friends from Austria and the Netherlands.

    The excitement was building by the minute here. We picked up all our snow gear, and we spent some time at the pier watching the ships come and go.

    Next, we go to Antarctica, the seventh continent, the most remote region in the world, the land of adventurers and discoverers.

    Antarctica.
    Read more