Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Around Victoria and Wilsons Prom

    February 6, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Smooth seas overnight as we reached the coast of Victoria, just 40 nautical miles from shore. Again, cloudy skies and light rain the morning view - we haven't had the extent of summer weather I'd have hoped for.

    To break things up this morning, I decided to shell out the $12pp for a "Dr Suess" themed breakfast I hoped Ryland might enjoy. It turned out to be a good move, with plenty of wacky characters for him to meet, some eye catching decorations, bright food and even an activity book. Nat and I enjoyed the lark of tucking into some green eggs and ham of our own.

    Next up, the joys of packing and being extorted for overpriced photos.. It looks like there's a few nice ones to choose from too, especially from formal nights. We ended up buying 10 photos.. and getting them on usb. It wasn't cheap.. ($280)

    The pool was surprisingly (and disappointingly) emptied today, but I did spend some time in the spa to get some more sun. We did enjoy some spectacular views of the Australian coast from our balcony this evening.. really within touching distance of Wilsons Prom.

    We just about got Ryland through dinner asleep before the "Showtime" woke him.. The cruise has run it's course, and we're not shattered to be getting off. We put the majority of our packed luggage outside our room, and lay down for our final sleep on the Carnival Spirit.

    Review of Food/Beverage -
    As far as the restaurant goes, we've been largely pretty impressed with it across the board.. dinners and breakfasts have been pretty delicious, with a different international theme each night. The buffet/bistro option we've tried to avoid for ourselves, mostly using for Rylands lunches and dinners - Options and times of service/availability here have frustrated Nat... especially for kids... It's roast (non kid friendly vegies), pizza, or chips.. not once have they had spaghetti or pasta. Variety of wines and beers has been a bit light/underwhelming compared to other ships (I haven't had a single beer) and that typically bit overpriced. For once we didn't pay for the specialty restaurants this time (there was only steak or sushi), it didn't look like anyone did. There's a burger place and burrito/taco place by the pool.. but queues for anything are often very long.. again, layout and organisation has been wanting. Overall, 5.5/10 for food/beverage.
    Read more