Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Keyhole Hot Springs

    March 31, 2015 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 3 °C

    What an amazing day!
    Today we set off to Skookumchuck hot springs (i love the names of things over here!). About an hour drive out of Whistler passing through Pemberton and the Mount Curry native township. Made it almost all the way there only to discover the road was closed so we set off for Keyhole hot springs instead. About 70mile out again but sooo worth it.
    Driving down the gravel tracks we passed no other cars other than some construction vehicles, eventually pulling into an obscure area on the side of the road with a tiny "parking" sign (where are we? I started to wonder). "Its just a 2km hike this way guys" Blake says. Sure thing! So off we set. It wasn't long till we realised we may have veered off the track a little.. because there was no track. Scrambling up and down rocks, steep slopes, along the river, under and over logs, through puddles and under a waterfall.. it was a bit more rugged than planned. But we made it! And wow.. what a reward.. Out in the middle of nowhere with not a single other person in sight we were at a set of 3 naturally formed hot pools set against the river. And the water was steaming hot.
    Completely priceless :-)
    Read more