Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Aloha Oahu (Day 2)

    April 10, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Lathered in 3 layers of SPF100 sunscreen, we jump aboard our old school bikes (looking like locals) and return to Waikiki beach for a full day of riding waves. We arrive at 8am and meet our quirky contact Ricky (who runs a sketchy board lease syndicate) to pick up our long boards.

    The beach is quiet at this hour as the sun is still rising so we paddle out ready for action. After catching our 'career' best waves, we lie on the beach to strengthen our tans (or sunburn) and stroll along the esplande stopping at 'Me BBQ' for a delicious korean lunch. By picking up some spare parts for the GoPro we return to the water for the next session. With the additional pressure of the GoPro recording our moves, we fail to produce redbull xtreme sports worthy footage and fill the memory card with countless stacks and failed attempts.

    Back home, we scrub up and ride the bus downtown to catch up with John and Germaine for drinks followed by a traditional hawaiian dinner at 'Highway Inn' and an outdoor art performance. Exhausted we crash early and await our trip to the big island tomorrow.
    Read more