Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Goodbye PN!

    May 12, 2015 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    Its been a relaxing few days catching up on admin and working at the hostel, Paola has provided us entertainment making fun of Travis on a daily basis and Juan the boss seems really happy to have us around. Sergio does... not much!

    We attempted a day trip out to see the "Cueva de Milidon" on Sunday, the cave where remains of a giant historic sloth (the Milidon) was found in the 1900s. Its a 25km bike ride each way so a bit of a trek! Long story short we didn't bring our waterproof gear and it started raining so we had to abandon mission about 10km into the ride. We settled for photos of the sloth statue situated at the roundabout leading into the town. It was also mother's day and Paola came back in the evening to have dinner with us- Suki's take on spaghetti carbonara :-)

    Monday night comes around and its time for us to head off. We said goodbye to Sergio (Juan was out so we missed him unfortunately) and set off a bit earlier for dinner. As we are walking to the bus station we run into Juan in his car... He had been circling the town trying to find us! We were so touched :-) We jump in Juan's car, get a lift to the station and say our goodbyes.

    A short bus ride from the station and we are on board the Navimag! (quote of the evening after boarding the giant cargo ferry from Suki: "Are we on the water yet?")
    Read more