Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 120

    The Big Apple! (day 1 and 2)

    July 19, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    New York New York! We had heard so many great things about this infamous city. Trav has been before but its Sukis first time. We have 4 days to check it out and realise there is loads and loads to do!

    We stay in an airbnb on the upper east side of Manhattan so pretty convenient. We manage to knock off quite a few sights and activities in the first 2 days, including:
    - Chelsea markets: famous mainly for food. We went to the lobster place and omg some of the best fresh oysters we've ever had! Washed down with some delicious lobster bisque, oyster po boy and pint of beer. Yum yum :-)
    - Century 21: Discount designer brand mall and Suki nabs a pair of denim shorts for $13! (Amie u could spend hours here!)
    - 9/ 11 memorial and museum. We werent planning on going to the museum but glad we did: very interesting but very very sad. We spent 3.5hours in there!
    - Walk across Brooklyn Bridge followed by dinner in Brooklyn: very iconic thing to do and great views.
    - Wander around central park and check out the roof garden at the MET which has great views over central park. Recommended entry is $25 but we only paid $1 each so pretty stoked about that! (you can actually pay whatever u want which isn't really advertised)
    - The obligatory New York pizza by the slice was eaten and enjoyed :-)

    Long days and lots of walking in this big city!
    Read more