Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 135

    Ho Chi Minh

    August 3, 2015 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We have an overnight stop in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) prior to our big flight to Rome. We decide to chill out a bit- check out the markets (very cheap "designer" brands.. suki scores a pair of Nike leggings for $10!) and head to the movies to watch the latest Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. It ends up being an extremely random and amusing night when we get out of the cinema and there appears to be some sort of promotion/ street party happening. To our left there's the local beer brand "Larue" giving out free beers and pumping out dance tunes at full blast. To our right is another outdoor dance party run by some sort of dance group, complete with teenagers raving to the chicken song. Trav gets his picture taken with a promo girl and scores a free hat. We both walk away with arms fully loaded with beers. After picking up more beers than we can carry, we eventually navigate our way back to our hotel, (it is awesome btw.. and only $40!) trying not to get hit by the millions of scooters, some of which are going the wrong direction up the sidewalk. We have dinner at the rooftop bar of the hotel and call it a night.

    Next day we have some time to burn before our 8pm flight so we kill a few hours at the "Great Escape" game, where you get locked in a room and need to decify clues to solve the mystery. Was a bit silly!
    Read more