Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 146

    Venice

    August 14, 2015 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Its an early start as we check out of Verona and set off for Venice... Everyone (except Travis) has sore bellies (Sukis theory is that everyone has O.D'ed on wine and cheese) and is a little cranky from the travelling. The boys and the girls split up: the boys take the car back to the airport and the girls check in to the accommodation. The accommodation is a gorgeous little apartment right in the heart of Venice so we are back on track! Once everyone is reunited we explore Venice, a spot of shopping, picking up some lovely Murano glass pieces and most importantly hit Happy Hour- 5euro spritzers with a free canape buffet! Everyone is happy :-) We end the evening sitting on the pier drinking red wine and whiskey out of plastic cups and chatting the night away... Its our last night with James and Steph and we have had an awesome time :-)

    The next morning we say goodbye to James and Steph as they set off for their morning flight. We spend our last day in Venice on Burano island- its a 40min ferry ride over to the quaint little island, well known for its picturesque colourful houses and lovely lace related items. The vibe is very relaxing- very difference to Venice and was definitely worth the trip over.

    We head out to Treviso for our last night in Italy, in preparation for our early morning flight tomorrow.. next stop Parree! (Paris)
    Read more