Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 153

    Biarritz

    August 21, 2015 in France ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Back on the road again! This time a 3 hour drive to Biarritz.. a glitzy beach town in the south of France. We brace ourselves for some more extortionate tolls.. to be pleasantly surprised by the first toll of only 3.30euro... Only to be stung by 4 of those on the way! (fist shake at France tolls)

    We arrive is Biarritz and as we were warned it is chockers... People everywhere and not a parking bay in sight. We finally manage to park the car and head down to the beeeeach! We are rewarded by some great views and treat ourselves to another picnic feast of hams, cheese and other delights. A dip in the ocean, a spot of sunbaking and its time for a beer or 3. Trav heads off for a haircut whilst Deb and Suki proceed to drink many more beers and reminisce of old times.

    Its our last night together and we spend a night in cooking at our airbnb apartment. We load up on food and booze, and once again to Sukis surprise manage to drink all of it.. including 4 beers, a bottle of red and an entire bottle of Armagnac (the local version of cognac, which turns out to be delicious). Its a great last night in France together!
    Read more