Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 182

    Warsaw Day 2

    September 19, 2015 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    When we wake up Wonton has been taken to the vet for his operation and Renata is clearly worried about him. Fortunately the vet calls to give the all ok- Hurray!

    We are excited about our Polish dinner Renata is going to prepare us tonight! Keen to contribe a little we offer to buy the Vodkas and dessert. We head to the supermarket in search of "Wyborowa" Wodka- reknown to be the best in Poland. Travis gets completely carried away and we walk out with 1 bottle of original and 3 small bottles of flavoured wodka- Lime, Ginger and Citrus.

    Shopping complete, we head to the "Warsaw Uprising Museum" for a bit of history.. see separate post regarding the museum. After the museum we stop for a much needed beer and head down to the Old town again to check out some of the "secret spots" we missed last night following Renatas recommendation. Being a Saturday, the atmosphere is great, with many street performers out entertaining the masses.

    We eventually head home to find Renata and her boyfriend Radec cooking up a storm.. it is a feast! We are treated to many amazing dishes, including the "raw mince thing with onions and pickles" (so good), Radecs special Herring recipe (2 varieties!), Radecs mums mushrooms in a jar (not sure about this one!), crusty bread, salami sticks, beetroot and goats cheese salad (sooo yumm), homemade pickled cucumber, potato crepes with salmon, and finally tiramisu for dessert. All washed down with copious amounts of wine and vodka... Needless to say everyone got a bit merry, with all of the vodka consumed (yes all 4 bottles), Travis passing out and Suki having very vague memory of the last 2 hours of the evening. Apparently we were up till 2am, at which point we just disappeared.. leaving the entire evening mess for Renata and Radec to clean up... Sorry guys! We had so much fun!
    Read more