Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 203

    LONDON (SUKI BIRTHDAY, HYDE PARK, LION K

    October 10, 2015 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    The sky has cleared and the weather is beautiful. Today we're celebrating Sukis belated birthday. Back to the tube our first stop is Hyde Park. We stop at Pret to pick up supplies for lunch and hire one of the cool city bikes via the automated credit card.

    Cruising around the park we stop at various ponds to check out the duck and geese that elegantly float along the water. Kensington Castle is next on the list but the outrageous price deters us from see the whole thing so we have a picnic next to the lake and try to feed the squirrels.

    Back on the bikes we start to head East and were pulled over by a police car in a narrow road in the middle of the park. They informed us that you can't ride in this section on the park and Trav refrained himself for informing them that you can't drive a car here as well. After a long discussion of who was right and wrong, we concluded that the white circle with a red bike in the centre meant 'No Cycling' as opposed to the internationally recognized bicycle with a red diagonal cross. The coppers also told us that's it's usually a £60 fine - Trav responded with saying at the current interest rates that's about $400 Aussie bucks. They laughed and we parted ways (pushing our bikes) as they drove away.

    At night we saw the famous Lion King musical. Trav was nervous about Sukis discounted online £35 tickets but it turned out to be pretty decent seats on the grand circle. The show was brilliant and very entertaining with all the animals and impressive props. Finally we could sing along with the lion king songs we'd been rehearsing all week!
    Read more