Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 205

    LONDON (POP QUIZ CHAMPIONS!)

    October 12, 2015 in England ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Michelle found time in her busy All Blacks Tour schedule and caught the train to London to catch up. After a traditional roast at a local pub Michelle was glued to the TV watching the Ireland V Scotland match.

    Over the last couple of days Pratty and Katie had been prepping up for the weekly trivia pop quiz at their local pub. Luckily Michelle was in town and at 8pm we regrouped at the Clapham North ready for a challenge. Unfortunately it seemed that our booking was lost so Pratty stealthily tore up another groups reservation so we could have a table.

    It was a tense few rounds with all members of the team able to chip in and solve the puzzles. Sukis only contribution extended to knowing the name of a feather pen (quill) for which she felt made her one of the group......

    In the end out of 10 teams we tied for first and then won the tie-breaker question of guessing the quiz masters mothers year of birth (she was way old!). We split the £50 jackpot 6 ways and were well impressed with the victory. For Pratty, this was his first win since they started 18 months ago - obviously the Aussie contributions pushed us over the line.
    Read more