Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 217

    Day Trip to Hakone

    October 24, 2015 in Japan ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    With many options of day trips to choose from from Tokyo, we decide to go to Hakone as its one of the closer destinations and we had to visit an Onsen while we're in Japan!

    Transport options were not as straightforward as we had expected and we discover all the attractions are quite spaced out. Fortunately the friendly Japanese help us out and we end up buying a day ticket that covers half of the area.

    Unfortunately we underestimate the time it takes to travel between locations and end up taking an extremely long winded route to the main harbour where you are meant to see great views of mount Fuji... On a nice day. Unfortunately for us it starts raining as soon as we get there so our 4 hour slow train and bus ride up and down the mountain was somewhat fruitless.. at least the train ride was quite nice!

    Next stop we head to the Onsen.. which fortunately is lovely! Its a traditional Onsen where the men and women are separated and everyone goes in the nude... We spend 2 hours there relaxing in the baths and enjoying the scenery. Suki even manages to get a bit of meditation in!
    Read more