Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Camping site Brora

    September 6, 2016 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Stayed for the night

    Situated just north or Brora on the east coast of Sutherland, Brora Caravan Club Site is set in a sheltered saucer of land with pretty views of the surrounding countryside and ust 300 yards from a sandy beach. You can play golf directly from the caravan site and use the course as your pathway to the sea.

    The site offers plenty of attractions for the whole family. Birdwatchers will be in their element - there are even Arctic Tern nesting just above the beach waterline. Those who enjoy water activities will have a choice of the loch or the sea for either swimming or fishing. The caravan park is an ideal place to unwind - you can lose track of time while watching birds, seals, dolphins and deer. The village of Brora is only a couple of miles away and has shops and a couple of dining options, and you can walk further down the coast to Golspie with additional eating and drinking establishments.

    To fully take in the spectacular views of the region you can walk, drive or cycle along quiet routes to discover the many picturesque lochs and mountains. The single track rail journey to Wick is a scenic must and the Orkney Islands beckon with day trips from John O'Groats at Brora during the summer.

    Source the Caravan Club - http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/ap…
    Read more