Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Wilderness Express and on to Denali

    June 3, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Luggage pickup was at 6, and we were transported to the train depot for our trip to Denali.

    Have I mentioned that Alaska is breathtaking? All of it!

    The Wilderness Express was a great way to get to Denali. We had breakfast onboard-blueberry pancakes, reindeer sausage omelet- really good. There were coffee drinks, and scenic beauty that wouldn't quit.

    We arrived at the Denali train depot, and were met by our bus, which took us to lunch. Lunch was at 49th State Brewery. I shared a huge salmon BLT with The Daughter. It was pretty amazing.

    Next, a Wilderness Tundra bus tour in Denali National Park where we got our first glimpse of Denali. She was mostly covered by clouds, but the North and South summits were peeking out the top. Our guide, Peter, gave excellent commentary on geology, flora, and fauna. We saw a bear near the river, some moose, a lot of caribou, a few pterigan, and some artic ground squirrels. And again, more beauty all around.

    We checked into our rooms in the Denali Bluffs resort- very comfortable, and a view of mountains through trees. Wayne and Julianna had dinner in their restaurant. I was not hungry, so had a snack.

    And that was that.
    Read more