Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Baltimore, and On Our Way

    October 6, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    The sun is shining, and it's a beautiful Day- quite a welcome change after a week of grey, Hurricane Ian rainy stuff. We got here about an hour before check-in thanks to very light (relatively) traffic. The last time we departed from Baltimore, it took the better part of an hour to get from the gate to the parking gate, and 2 hours in line to check in. We were warned NOT to try to check in early- texts every 20 minutes at one point. So we hung out in the car for awhile after parking.

    Check-in was fairly uneventful. Still longer than Norwegian, don't know why.

    We had a bit of lunch at the Solarium Cafe. Calm, quiet. I couldn't face the "push'n'shove"
    (Windjammer Café) that early. It was the primary dining option for lunch, and we later heard reports that it was crazy nuts.

    Our stateroom is cozy- very cozy, and we knew it would be. I did not expect that I wouldn't be able to get out of bed without crawling to the foot. Asked the steward to separate the beds to get enough room that I won't kill myself in the middle of the night.

    A strange thing- and one that I don't like, is that I have to use a credit card to open and lock the safe. It doesn't cost anything, but the point of the safe is to lock up valuables you don't need on the ship. Like passports. And cash. And credit cards.

    We went to the Spotlight aft lounge for sailaway, and saw Ft. McHenry, then to the pool deck until after we went under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. We got to experience a minor standoff, with our ship honking at a Maersk container ship that wasn't quite in its lane. We're tired, and the earliest dinner reservation was at 8:15, so we opted for the Windjammer, which wasn't too crazy.

    Returning to our stateroom, we met our steward, who had separated the beds, giving us a lot more usable room. The only problem now was that our door wouldn't close. It had been very hard to open, but now, would not close🙄. So the steward called the Ghostbusters who came and replaced the door mechanism.

    I was planning to go watch the newest Jurassic Park movie, but realized I already saw it--- so sleep wins out.
    Read more