Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Sea Day

    October 7, 2022, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Had a nice typical sea Day- slept late and caught some breakfast in the Windjammer.

    I spent a little time in the casino, and ran into Sharvan and Brandon- "Parkers On the Go"-- a YouTube vlog I watch. They were pleased to meet a follower, and I was excited to meet them. So bummed I didn't get a picture!

    It was a pretty laid-back day. Did a little needle work, talked with some folks, and enjoyed looking at the ocean. Not too many pictures, though.

    Dinner was in the Main Dining room. When I tried to schedule, I could only get 8 pm for the whole cruise (My Time dining.) We were really hungry, despite a cookie snack saved from the day before. We went at 7:30 to see if they could take us, and they arranged for us to come at 7:30 each night.

    I ordered calimari (a bit rubbery- will not order again), the roast beef tenderloin, medium rare- PERFECT! It was served with asparagus, whipped potatoes, and what tasted like a wine reduction gravy. This was the best dish I've had on Royal. Dessert was "carrot cake." It bore no resemblance to any carrot cake I've ever experienced. Rather, it was like a very dense, very dry vanilla pound cake with a sparse amount of shredded carrots between the layers. The cream cheese frosting did not taste like cream cheese. I ate a few bites, and deemed it NWTC (not worth the calories- and really not good despite any alternate description they could have given it.)

    A little walkabout- and to bed.
    Read more