Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Newport, Rhode Island

    October 12, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We arrived at anchor at 9 am, and our number in Tender Roulette was 42. At noon they were up to 19🙄. A very nice man who had been sitting in the lounge with us had a relative who had fallen ill, and he gave us his "22s.". We boarded our ship's tender at 12:15😁.

    We had a walkabout- first going to the house I lived in - 35 Elm Street. Then to Trinity Church where I was a parishioner. We headed toward Banister's Wharf, and had clam chowder at The Black Pearl. Wayne had a Narragansett beer. (When in Newport, gotta have a 'Gansett)

    Of course, there were other things we could have done, but these were top on my list, and things we could easily accomplish on foot during the time we had before needing to head back to the ship.

    We went back on a boat that had a nice upper deck. I was able to see Fort Adams, and the harbor houses where one of my friends lived on Goat Island.

    Back aboard, I took a quick nap. It was lobster night, and we sat at a table with a lot of very nice people. I spent a little time in the casino-- didn't do great, but I didn't lose it all.
    Read more